Change of venue due to high demand for places!
New venue: etc. venues 155 Bishopsgate, London
• brings together ‘the essential ingredients of education: the curriculum; the teaching, and the assessment that provides the feedback loop; and the resulting outcomes’
• ‘is intended to restore curriculum – largely “missing in action” from inspection for more than a decade – to its proper place, as an important component of the quality of education’.
Under the framework, which comes into force this September, there is a clear expectation that settings deliver a curriculum that is:
• broad, balanced and aspirational
• planned coherently to provide ‘progression’ and ‘stretch’
• delivered to the highest standards
• evaluated effectively, so ensuring the best possible outcomes for all children.
Focusing on the ‘Quality of education’ judgement – comprising Intent, Implementation and Impact – this conference will:
• give guidance on curriculum content (Intent), planning and delivery (Implementation) and assessing outcomes for children (Impact)
• analyse what ‘quality of education’ means in the context of the early years
• address challenges to delivering a developmentally-appropriate curriculum across the EYFS
• explore Ofsted expectations for a setting’s self-evaluation and cycle of improvement.